I have a lot of changes going on in my SL right now and I have been wondering for the last couple of weeks what the best way to “spin” them is……..Then I realised, I have never spun anything in my life and I am not about to start now! So here is all the news, told honestly and in full, the only way I know how!!!
I have some very cool news about .::Pink Sugah::. that I am really really excited about!!! I’m moving my mainstore to Cleavage \o/ Cleavage is without a doubt my favourite shopping sim on SL and it is run by people I am delighted to be able to call my friends and who I know go about their business in SL in the same way I do……with integrity. My new mainstore will be on the same spot that my current Cleavage store is so you already have the LM! I like making life easy for everyone :). I’ve been at Cleavage since the day Zee and Elle opened it, I was such a new name then, I was really really flattered they asked me. I have seen the sim go from strength to strength, running successful events there, as well as the great big collaboration with Seraphim that raised so much money for Breast Cancer Action. BUSTed has a close working relationship with Cleavage too, so upsizing my store there is the most natural thing in the world to me.
Not only that!!!! I will also be taking on a bigger store at the [trs] sim too!!! This store will be a .::Pink Sugah::. “outlet” where you can go to find all my discount items, so those of you who love a bargain, and I know there are lots of you, keep popping over there to see what you can get your hands on cut priced! It isn’t set up as yet, but I promise to post the SLURL as soon as it is!!!!
Now, I am sure you realise that a mainstore in a mall, no matter how awesome that mall is, means I am downsizing considerably (there just aren’t enough prims available at this kind of location for a prim whore like me). I sat wondering, what shall I say about this, will people think this means my store is going under or I am going to close it??????
The truth is, my store is NOT going under, nor do I have any plans to ever close .::Pink Sugah::. unless RL forces my hand, or the Lindens pull the plug. My store is my SL baby and I love love love making things, and get so much pleasure from seeing people wear what I have made.
When I started making clothes in SL, I never really expected anyone to buy them. But they did and before I knew it I had a successful store on my hands and was loving every minute of it!!! How lucky to have a hobby that pays \o/. The downside to this of course is that SL has become more of a job than I ever intended it to. I don’t *need* the money I make here, don’t get me wrong, it is lovely to have money to spend on my family and myself that I wouldn’t have had. But, that isn’t what I am here for. I’ve done so many events I can’t even count them, some have been awesome, others just dreadful, but you live and learn LOL!
Now my RL is changing, I am part of a small but rapidly growing business in RL that takes up a couple of days of my week. My baby is no longer a baby, so he is sleeping a whole lot less, summer is here and in a few weeks my older kids will be off school for weeks and weeks and weeks. I simply don’t have as much time to spend in SL as I once did. The pressure of keeping up with events and all the things you need to do to keep your store “up there” has been getting too much for me and I have felt a sense of dread logging in where I used to feel excitement. This is not how I want it to be, I LOVE Second Life and all the people that are part of my life in world and I don’t want to get to the point where I log off and never come back. So…………I’ve given myself a strong talking to! My move to Cleavage is a huge part of my plan to get my SL back for me and to stop it feeling like a job!
So, here is the plan:
1. Move mainstore to awesome location! Check!
2. Have a great big sale to celebrate! It’s on NOW!!!!!!!!! I’ll be running the sale all week, EVERYTHING at my new mainstore at Cleavage (except Gachas) is half price, get it while you can!!!!
3. Events – I won’t be applying to events as a matter of course anymore. The only events you will see .::Pink Sugah::. in are those that I just can’t resist applying for because I WANT to do them. I’m keeping my spot at Lubbly Jubblies of course, and a little bird told me that another of my favourite events might be making a comeback, so watch this space for more about that!
4. Pink Sugah Platinum – I promised you a paid group with the most amazing benefits and you are going to get it!!!!!! I have kept having to put this off because of deadlines, and I apologise for that, it’s coming I promise! Please don’t think that means the end for my free group gifts, I’m planning on more of those too. I will always be an advocate of high quality freeebies in SL, they are great marketing for stores and they are wonderful for people who don’t have the means to plough money into SL. Everyone deserves a hot avatar!
5. BUSTed – I am really enjoying being part owner and Fashion Editor of BUSTed magazine but I don’t feel like I am giving it as much of my time as I would like. These changes mean I will be able to put more of myself into it.
6. Big Boobie Babes Freebies – I am now finally, officially owner of my favourite group in SL. I’ve been kinda running it for months now, but unofficially. Now, I want to give the group the attention it deserves to make sure it achieves it’s potential! I love those girls…
7. Time to learn – I want to spend time improving at making clothes, working on my photography, do a spot of blogging (and I mean a spot, I won’t have time to do sponsors justice) and I also want to finally get around to opening blender and seeing if I can get to grips with that!
8. My friends – I have left this last on my list, but it is the most important to me. I have let a lot of friendships on SL slip away from me because I never gave them time, I was always too busy working. However, I am lucky enough to have friends who didn’t get sick of waiting, and now I am going to have time to just hang out with them and laugh!!!!
So that is that really, I’m sorry it was long and probably boring, but I wanted to say it all and be truthful.